3.26.2010

This sad seasons ends!

Here are a few pictures of Mallory and I's favorite mini-golf ski spots, which sadly has been discovered by the pro-skier's and is now impossible to ski without someone dropping in on top of you....... awesome. Sadly the season is coming to a end here really quickly  and even though it has been one of the worst seasons as far as snowfall, I am sad to see it go. These are the very few pictures I took (I always forget the camera). Enjoy.

P.S.If there is anyone who would like to do some spring sled access skiing hit me up!

 Dave, one of my fellow dawnpatrolers deciding on a line before I haul him up the ridge.

Looking down 1500 vertical feet of powder and cliff lines.


Getting ready to fall off a nice big cliff with style (it did not end well for me that day).

Not too bad for a week after the last snowfall (this is why I do not ski at a resort anymore).



Utah was plagued with a unusually unstable snow pack all season long, this is just a taste of what we dealt with most of the season, if it was not hard slabs breaking down to the depth hoar it was the warm weather causing point releases that would run into weak layers. With two wreaked snowmobiles (one only two days old) and the worse snow pack I have seen here in Utah, I look forward to a warm summer, trip to Spain, time to fix a couple of sleds, and hopefully a great season in 2011.

1 comment:

christy said...

this almost makes me look forward to spring and summer, when i remember how crappy snow has this year! i guess i'll have to wait yet another year to have a kid.... (that's my excuse right now) ;) Nice pics!