9.04.2011

Time Flies, Kids Grow, and Lessons are Learned


Time Flies
*Here we are 8 months later from my last post.  I can't believe it's already September!  I loooove September, fall, and all the holidays contained therein.

Kids Grow
*I categorize "kids" as both my wonderful son Kayden and my hubs Brett.  Kayden is going to be 2 this week and that causes some serious reflection.  Where have these two years gone?  He can even say, "Happy Birthday!"



*Brett had a birthday turning 29.  He's having some anxiety with being so close to 30 - he can't believe he's that young.

Lessons Learned
*I know with complete confidence that the Lord has a sure and steady hand in my life.  He seems to provide me with "lessons" that have been long overdue or even some reminding.  
*Families are forever and how grateful I am for that!  If I knew that after I am gone I wouldn't be able to see those I love most again, well what is this all for then?
*Perseverance.  Whether that is in my personal or professional life, it is all the same: push through to the end.
*Patience & Empathy in all things.  I sure try at this, but it is certainly hard.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".




Summer and Some of its Events


Kayden loves to get outside and I love to be outside - so it's a great combination!  We've gone on a few bike rides, hikes, camping trips, road trips, to a few farmer's markets and started some new "Chapters" in our lives as a family.  Brett went back to school and is hoping to finish with a degree in Hydrology.  I'm so very proud of him and his willingness to work hard for his family.

**K after a bike ride to Kaysville's Farmer's Market


*Growth of the beard on my Hubs

*Some fun swimming time at Nana's

*K picking some wildflowers on a hike
**K with his "no pants" policy whilst camping

Visit to Holter Lake, Montana

*Family Photo at July visit

*Boat ride to Gates to The Mountains

*Great fireworks show outside our back door

 



1 comment:

Brad and Britt said...

yes, it has been too long both on the blog posting and the length of time that we have seen each other! The boys need to play (with that said, I mean both Kayden and Bode as well as Brett and Brad!)