4.02.2010

Kayden's first tracks!

The avalanche danger has gone down considerably in the last few weeks with this warm weather. The first few hours after the sun comes up the snow is still cold enough to be skiable. What is the logical thing to do when snowpack is stable..... take Kayden skiing!



I loaded up the sleds, skis, bottles, diapers, and Kayden and headed up the canyon.

Once in the mountains I was not sure how Kayden would like riding on the snowmobile (in a kid carrier pack) but as soon as we took off on the trail my fears were put to rest! He was laughing loud enough to hear over the two stroke engine.


I dropped the sled at about 8000 feet and put the skins on for the rest of the way up. On the ridge I took a break to feed Kayden a bottle and then dropped into a nice 1500 vertical foot run of creamy snow.



As you can see from the photos Kayden is a natural and loves to be out in the mountains. Hopefully these are the first of many days spent in the back country with his father!

1 comment:

Colby and Steph said...

You guys are so adventurous with your little guy. I would be way to nervous. He looks like he was loving every minute of it.